Sunday, July 29, 2007

Coincidence

Music: 娃娃- shang-ri La Mood: blue....

Dad told us over dinner how both of us got our names. He said that he wanted a child with a pure heart and soul, so he named me '洁华', meaning as pure as the flower('flower' has a similar pronounciation as the 'hua' in my name). As for my sis, when my mum went for the ultrasonic scan, they were surprised to catch very strong heartbeatings from my sis, just like a boy. My parent once knew this lady called '佩仪' ,who has a very jovial characteristic. Well, my granny told dad that she doesn't like the 'jie' in my name, so instead of naming her '洁仪’like what siblings would have, dad named her '佩仪’,exactly like that jolly lady's name.

My sis hated her name, and so am I. She hated hers coz the whole world has her name, be it her classmate, schoolmate or my collegue and classmates will share the same name as her, making her sound so plain and 'common'. Whereas I would have a name so unique that most friends would make fun of it, calling me a ...flower. I have some friends who would call me ah hua, means 'flower' in chinese, ‘阿花’literally. why?? coz 洁华 sounded so much like 菊花!ugggghhh....so ah lian!! That's y i rather intro myself as 'Kit' instead of 'jie hua' to most people now, my ready-made- modern-sounding-none-existent christian name hehee...

Ok back to the dinner conversation which brings us back to my granny again. Do u know what she wanted to name both of us initially? I'll be a ‘菲菲’and my sis '佩佩’.Dad totally rejected the idea coz at that time, there was some famous prostitute singers that were called, yes, exactly fei fei and pei pei. That's y he was so against granny's suggestion of giving us prostitutes' names ^^.

y 'Coincidence'? To my fellow ex Melaka Wings Cafe singers and friends, they will catch this joke totally... to all blurheads, Fei Fei is one of the Wings Cafe's singer, and Pei Pei is one of their bartender, a very 'handsome' tomboy who looked like JJ Lin Jun Jie. They were once so close to each other that many of us actually thought there's something fishy about their 'friendship'.

How coincide is THAT!!!

6 comments:

~风之翼~ said...

LOL~
you went a BIG BIG circle just to finally shoot at fei fei and peipei!!

~angelkit~ said...

i din shoot aaaa...善哉~善哉!!it's just a freak coincident which i really find it ticklish~~

~风之翼~ said...

hey... do you mind letting me know Shaopin;s chinese name?

wanna add to my blog list... heheh..

~angelkit~ said...

sorry for da late late reply :P his chinese name is 绍斌 ^^ sounds like 烧饼 hor? like dat easier to remember kakaka~

Anonymous said...

hwei ... dun think i din come here once in a while... not 烧饼 la ... 绍斌 is a divine name no need to modify. Or can call name ah pin.

斐斐 said...

speechless...............