Thursday, June 12, 2008

Guess who i interviewed??

Music: none Mood: watching 24 season 4 last episode

You wouldn’t believe whom I interviewed two days ago.

Recognize this fella?



You bet, that’s Astro on Demand’s spokesperson and that picture was his latest appearance on Mother’s Day promotion package.

Can’t recall? How bout this ad?


Bingo! The pirated DVD guy!

And I’m rather surprised that he’s even a year my junior~

He’s pretty much the same on screen and in person, voice-wise and big-sized, he even has that fringe-flipping-with- pinky feat, exactly what he did on-screen. Oh yes, his name’s Brendan.

Well he got lost finding my office, went to the wrong building and eventually reached 20 mins late. Bringing him into the office was like a walk down the Hollywood red carpet. There’s a wide-eyed guy examining him at the waiting area, then we got nearly half the office’s atmosphere down to a murmur and weird freezing actions when we walked past cubicles.

You want his details? :P

His SPM results are 7788, started off his career as a technician in Tan Chong Motors. He sounded really comical and ah beng-ish during the interview.

Me: ‘Why didn’t you complete your Diploma in Car Technician?’

Brendan: ‘I finished the course, but did not go for the 2-year apprenticeship, that’s why I didn’t get my cert.’

Me: ‘what’s the reason?’

Brendan: ‘My skin ah, when I touch the grease will become very itchy. *scratches his hands* I cannot tahan 2 years, that’s why I left lor.’

After that, he worked with his father as an assistant site supervisor at the site’s canteen/ store.

Brendan: ‘Actually the place that I need to supervise is something like a mini market, I tok to a lot of foreign workers because they will go to the shop to buy food.’

Me: ‘Why did you left?’

Brendan: ‘The site’s in the middle of the jungle, very boring-lah hehe.’

Then after a few part- time jobs as a sales assistant, he completed a Diploma in hair styling and worked as a ‘Stylish’ (that’s what’s written in his CV) in Miko and QQ Cut.

Me: ‘why a sudden change of career direction from a technician to a hair stylist?’

Brendan: ‘I still young mah, can try different things hehe.’

After that he was a marketing exec at an online company, promoting services to handphone dealers mostly.

Me: ‘why did you left in less than a year?’

Brendan: ‘The Company like cheating people like dat, the customers cannot download a lot of things. Then when I ask my boss, he said ‘this is marketing tactic~!’ Wah, it’s like pyramid scheme like dat. I dun wan to continue cheat people, so I left loh.’


After that he went for a casting then started working as a freelance spokesperson for Astro last year.

Me: ‘please be reminded that you can’t have a part time job if you are working in a Bank.’

Brendan: ‘Ooo really ar…*thought for awhile* actually some advertisement was being shot d but haven’t come out yet.’

The interview went on for around 30 mins, then ushering him out was another strut down Kodak Theatre Red Carpet.

‘So, how’s your pirated DVD guy?’ a colleague chuckled.

Hmm, I guess he'll come in handy during Annual Dinners. ^^

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so famous now. Hope it will help to increase ur company sales. So hope you no employ wrong people loh. But it will take some time to stable back ur company environment as ex-advertisment superstar just joining ur company. Good luck to u n ur company...:P

Anonymous said...

Wah .. you describe him like really ah beng wor ...

He looks like phua chu kang to me.

oh ya ! COngratz on your promotion.
I wan my TGI dinner !

~angelkit~ said...

pohlun: so nice to hear that my twin is in the banking industry as well. anyway i really do hope i won't be sued over the branding issue~!!

wao: coz he's really an ah beng mah...walk n talk n look exactly like 1.

1 TGI dinner, coming up in July ^^

Anonymous said...

y u will be sued over the branding issue? u not using him as ur company "dai yen ren" oso. Dont worry so much la.

shee said...

if it doesnt work in banking, send him to me! hahaha. i will put him in the kindy! hehehe

~angelkit~ said...

Sam: not a good advice though he is recognizable from young to old. The way he speak is waaaaaay slow motion. kept calling to bug me daily with his slow mo talking pattern 'kit arrr..... I wan to ask you arrr..... bla bla bla...' like an ah pek yer...