Sunday, June 29, 2008

The curious incident of the accident

Music: Glenn Frey- The One You Love Mood: Relieved

"Your sista just called to say she's in an accident!" Said my mum in an alarming voice after I opened my door to a series of rushing knocks.

I didn't think much but to get dressed simply and rushed out of the house after waiting for dad to speed back from TaiChi in Bangsar. After much argument as a result of getting on the wrong route, it took us more than 30 mins to get to Damansara, the LDP highway opposite The Curve.

There were three cars involved: the first idiot, a new black Saga, (kononnya a lady driver -__-) slowed down suddenly, forcing the 2nd car, an ancient grey Arrow- back Saga to stopped as well, then resulting my sis's bf to punch on the break. You see, what happens is when you wanna break and the old tyres don't want to, akibatnya kemalangan berlaku.






The front two cars got off without much damage, but the best part? We just sold sis's black Wira two days before...and yes, that's my car you are looking at.

Oh, here's an even better part, mum found out that the insurance that she bought will only cover the possessing owner of this car, which is SIN KIT HWA sahaja, I ended up being the driver who caused the accident in order to claim the damn insurance.

Luckily we have a really smart Malay fella from the car tolling company who helped us through everything. He was beside me in the police station the whole time, chatting up with all the polices like they are his close buddies and helped the front desk sergeant with our essay report.


"ah moi pakai kereta apa?"
"Wira hijau…"
"No wonder lah, kereta Proton…"
I laughed nervously at his joke. Heh.

Then we approached another sergeant in a closed up office for another report.

"accident tu dekat mana?"
"LDP highway dekat The Curve dan IKEA,"
"lane yang mana? Ada berapa lane?"
"lane pertama, tapi tak ingat ada berapa la,"
Amazingly, he turned his flat screen monitor to us, then googled onto google Earth.

"dekat sini kah?"
I nodded and pointed at the first lane from the google earth's bird eye view. (Google Earth weiiii...I'm pretty impressed at this point.)

"so aku perlu bayar berapa ya?" I asked stupidly.
"leng lui belanja kalian makan malam aje laaa~!" a fat one joked from a desk behind me.

I laughed nervously again. Heh.

"aiyo, lama tak ade leng lui masuk sini, jom yamcha sama-sama laa~!" another one joked.

Heh. -__-

"where are you staying?" a sergeant spoke to me in CHINESE. I was stunned for a second, then answered him promptly.

"lama tak dengar Ah Hong cakap Bahasa Cina, dia tanya apa??" the sergeant whose interviewing me asked curiously.

"Tanya ah moi tinggal dekat mana lah," Sergeant Hong answered.
"Tengoklah,tanya tinggal mana baru guna secret code!" joked the sergeant.

As if road accidents are the most cases that happen here, he eventually stamped a statement that says 'Kemalangan akibat kecuaian memandu' onto my report.
"Ingat kami yaaa~!" the fat sergeant waved to me before I left the office.

I'm so darn lucky to have the toll company guy to accompany me the whole time, I would have freaked out otherwise.

After settling almost everything, we reached home at nearly 10pm. Of course not without nagging to the accident causer on our journey home.

There goes my 2nd post about car accident. (here's a link to the first post, in case you wanna compare the damages of both cars -_-
http://angelkithwa.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_archive.html)

What a day, what an experience.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah...u say out u cheat for insurance d...later insurance company find out at here...susah lo u...haha..
police main u r? biasa la..they nth to do ma..plus seldom to c leng lui d ma...after all...r ur sis n her bf getting any injured?

~angelkit~ said...

luckily they are unhurt. but i really do hope the insurance agents do not surf net and read blogs! ^^

Anonymous said...

u should c us inside the car..wen tat stupid grey iswara com inside our line..we already breakin cuz front there jam..den sudenly stupid iswara com in n we force to break harder..n due to dunno's the road slippery/ break gt prob..the car WON STOP!den i tink.....sei le..sure bang d..cuz the car go in front..slow..slow..slow..den bang...nt reali a big impact inside the car..i onli saw the solid front cover com out d...den i dun dare go down n c how bad..ha..
den wilson explain to me y wil so big damage..is cuz wen break..the front'll go down n bumper'll go up..we bang on the stupid iswara's bumper tat's y he little damage onli & we huge damage..if we din break, his car can go rubbish bin liao..ha..worst day in my life..~!

shee said...

thats why never go too close to the car in front. wah so now by right u should be driving to work? :p

~angelkit~ said...

Colleen: U owe me a gift from Taiwan kekeke~

Sam: hmm, by right i should be driving, but right after the fuel hike, we sold my sis's car and we are now sharing the car, then she'll be driving it to class on weekdays. Sooooo.... i'll still stay attached to my mum's or dad's transport to work la :p