Sunday, December 27, 2009

Shannen’s Farewell Dinner @ The Ming Room, BSC

Music: Joe Williams & Sarah Vaughan - If I Were A Bell Mood: lazy


I wanted to book Grand Imperial as everyone loved their dim sum but I couldn’t remember this restaurant’s name. So when I googled “BSC Chinese restaurant”, The Ming Room appeared and I trusted my instinct. I think I nearly killed myself when I found out it’s a wrong restaurant (Jess and Vanness marched confidently into Grand Imperial when I stood with mouth agape while spelling the restaurant’s name outside, luckily they didn’t barge into anyone’s pre-booked room). Good thing they just laughed off by saying Boss will only be the one feeling upset as he couldn’t see his Gong Li *wink*.

For those who haven’t already know, The Ming Room also belongs to Oriental Restaurants, the famous restaurant group around Klang Valley that specializes in fine dining Chinese Cuisine.

I have to shower praises to their PICs for being such good listeners. Why?

1) When I pre-ordered the menu over the phone, the lady Captain totally take note of our ten-pax headcount, and so the dishes served were for ten big eaters, not 2 males and 8 females.

2) When we requested the waitress who is in charge of serving us for the dishes to be served a little faster, she immediately called out in her walkie talkie , “Dishes for room XX, for ten-pax, must FAST, must FAST!”

3) Colleagues were so readily acknowledged of my photo addiction, they stopped the waitress from further dividing the dish into ten portion before the first dish was served until photos were taken. After that, this very same waitress took note and stopped her people from serving us before I sheepishly ran and snap EACH dish.


Even the tidbits were good.



北京片皮鸭 (Peking Duck)
The way of savouring a Peking duck is to slice out its skin, then place it with a piece of scallion wrapped in a thin sheet of pancake that is smoothen with a drop of sweet soy bean sauce. The skin is crispy and does not drip oil when eaten, the sweet soy sauce and scallion complements the whole package nicely. Boss thought the Grand Imperial serve better Peking Duck, I, too nodded in agreement.


味增炬白吞拿鱼 (Baked White Tuna Fish with Miso Sauce)
Everyone gets one big slice of this. Taste a little like the fried tuna found in bento sets, but this is not salty at all even it is served without rice, baked to perfection without any fishy aftertaste.


海鲜褒 (Claypot Seafood)
Rowena’s ideal pot of goodies. Everything was enormous, from prawn to sea cucumber, and very fresh.


菠菜鸳鸯豆腐 (Tofu with Bok Choi)
Since, we had claypot seafood, we opt for a different kind of tofu instead of the normal claypot tofu. They recommended this dish to me. The seaweed covered bean curd did not steal the limelight, but the soft spinach buried underneath was so tasteful, I think it might change a carnivore’s mind.


炭烧排骨 (Charcoal Grilled Spare Ribs)
Everyone had a jaw dropping moment when we were served a plate this each. Maybe it came from different pigs, the ribs’ quality varies. Jess’s one was tender, boss’s one however, was like chewing gum. I think he might have a stomach-full of indigested ribs that night!


生菜包鸭松 (Fried Minced Duck Meat with Lettuce)
Another duck dish. I didn’t try this but I thought most probably it is one of those not-too-bad creations – no one applauded or complained.


长寿面 (Longevity Noodles)
Longevity noodles, long enough to represent Shannen’s years of service in FX, and a happy long life ahead.


芝麻炸汤圆 (Deep-fried Sesame Glutinous Balls)
Like a finger food, these are made to satisfy one’s sweet tooth at two bites. It doesn’t spurt oil even though it’s deep-fried; fresh off the stove, this is crispy and light.

Talk to the finger; ask him how light the balls are.



野山雪梨炖白玉丹 (Double-boiled Sea Coconut with Snow Pear)
What a great appetizer to end the meal- refreshing, warm and unburdening.


The closing speech, swift and happy.


I know you fit in nicely at the new company now :) We wish you all the best, Shannen!

Address: The Ming Room Restaurant, T109, 3rd Floor, Bangsar Shopping Centre (BSC), KL
Tel: 03-22848822
Opening Hours: Mon-Sat- 11.30am-3pm, 6pm-11pm
Sun & public holidays- 10am- 3pm, 6pm-11pm

Click here for map to Bangsar Shopping Centre.

1 comments:

ShaoPin said...

All these food, damn good stuff !!!