Thursday, May 06, 2010

Pain

Music: None Mood: Blur



"Okay... We'll need to inject these medicine so your brain will appear clearer during the scanning process."
"Is this more painful or blood test is more painful?" I shrunk a little after seeing the bed of needles.
"hmm....you can tell me the difference in 5 secs later."
The young doctor routinely poked the needle in my largest floating vein while answering me.
"Please warn me when the painful part is... ouch. OUCH!" I twitched sideways unintentionally.
"Oh no don't move, DON'T MOVE," He quickly pressed my arm. "This is the painful part, if you move while I'm pricking." He sigh as he checked whether the needle has gone lopsided.

You'll be itching to move about when you are in the hospital from 11.30am until 5.30pm. I'm being scheduled to two tests, in the end only one has been carried out at 5.30pm, somemore not tentatively at 5pm. Rounding up, I'll just say let thy three parties, i.e. Company, Insurance and Hospital communicate properly before they decide anything, the suffering falls on you.

Took this picture outside the changing room while the young doctor prepared and explained the procedures to an old Belgian lady who doesn't understand English, whereas the persistent daughter demanded to stay in the testing room when the brain MRI is being carried out later.

I'm so cold my fingers turned purple with nothing but this orange jail robe.

Luckily the results were fine, nothing's wrong with my brain, probably a bit blunt for not working for the past two weeks. Now, my worst nightmare - liver and stomach.

0 comments: