Sunday, February 28, 2010

Chinese New Year (Part 3) - The Office

Music: John Legend - Sun Comes Up Mood: Hooot!

The lion dance troupe visits the company every year, which is a norm to most but to me it's an absolute first experience and I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas day.




Our very own Choi San Ye a.k.a Mister Potato~

The troupe will proceed to every floor to spread prosperity and good luck which started at 11.30 am and ended at 1.30pm, to each manager's room and any cubicle that places mandarin oranges on top. I'm lucky as the President's room is located at the same floor as I am, thus we are amongst the first to welcome the troupe before they lay flat of exhaustion.


The big shots must HUAT first. If they don't HUAT, we all no need to think of HUAT.


They were so nice to give me a red packet to put in between two of the oranges I placed on my cubicle, which is deemed as the 'correct' way. I got a fat black lion but I'm still as excited as I can be.


The Marketing people were so nice to invite HR over for a final round of Lou Sang session by the end of last Thursday, a freshly home made one somemore.

I swear I can only hear "Promotion ah!" and "Increment ah!" coming directly at our faces.

The Japanese Manager who joined us asked, "Ne, what's the meaning of doing this during Chinese New Year?"


..........................

I'm like the rest, bury my face to the paper plate and continue eating.

P.S.: There, I've Wiki it, go read how Yee Sang come about.

0 comments: