Monday, February 23, 2009

两极

Music: 农夫- 富甲天下 Mood: stuck

That means at extreme ends.



Had an afternoon tea with old university classmates and talked about work.

We all graduated happily with a Degree in hand. In less than 3 years, one switched companies several times and yet still end up with appaling managers, another 2 seemed to be at their wits' ends with their boss.

Neither had a great time dealing with cranky bosses.

Then I bumped into Edward when he's busy poluting air outside The Gardens.

He's a freelance tour guide now who enjoys working flexibly and earns > 5K at peak seasons. Who can believe he has a Engineering Degree?? His shopping partner, who still remembers me from Wings Era, started working as a medical equipment Sales person without even a Certificate, emerged as a top sales within several years of hardwork and earns thousands of $$ every month. All this happens when he's merely a 19-year-old kiddo. Now he already owns a company who hires foreign maids. I don't know how old he is but DEFINITELY younger than I am -__-

We talked about our good o' fellow singing comrades. One is a cash cow/ big time investor who has ready properties in hand; some are renowned event performers who can earn up to 5-digits in every peak performing months.

They all worked their asses off, but their hard work were well paid off: they own houses and cars and fame. All are doing what they loved to do, all are having the time of their lives.

I've just met with friends from what seems to be my life's extreme ends. Seriously, I'm tempted to swerve from my formulated life to start a new one. What's left is some GUTS to start doing it. But then again, CAN I???

There's one such suitable song that kept circling my mind to end this: 要拼才会赢!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only GUTS, it's all about the monay. And also bear in minds that we now work as a professional. There's a standard different between a professional and a non-professional. Although u may ask why a professional is such a low-paid-work-like-animal job and why those under-grads are probably enjoying their lifes now, waking up at 10am, enjoying their morning teas, looking down from their window to the horrible traffics caused by working peoples. But the first thing we need to ask ourselves is "What on earth that we want exactly?". "What path are we taking to achieve what we want?". If we manage to answer our own question clearly, then there's no such question as "Can I do it?", "Am I good enough to do it?", "Is it risky?".

I believe the 2 extremes will come closer and closer. As a profesisonal, the more experience we get, the more valuable we are.

A dancer only manage to be in the limelight when she's in before mid 20s. A sport superstar can only be fit to challenge before 30s.

Therefore when seeing things in the long run, the end will be the same. The important question is we have only 1 life, are we living it to the fullest? This is my own opinion.

~angelkit~ said...

That's my whole point of 'GUTS'. It's whether I'm daring enough to give up from being a professional, work in a renowned MNC, to getting my hands and legs dirty to earn money.
I would loved to do something totally off track but I can have fun, without waking up each day worrying my boss is gonna chop my head off any minute. It's maximum pleasure to do things that you love to do, willing to do AND earning $$ in response.

It's thin line between being pro and non-pro eventually, but it's a fact where you can choose to change your route~

Anonymous said...

i agree...but how many ppl has success and how many ppl has fail? In term of positive thinking, we see lot ppl success without need a piece of cert like we had. But dont forget lot ppl outside there who fall and cant even stand up again? Some ppl think take salary is more secure as own business got risk. So may be if we wanna success, we need luck, hard work, mission n vision and also little angel..:)....SHOW ME THE MONEY...lol

~angelkit~ said...

AAHHH... money is the root of all evils.